VMware pracuje na novém virtuálním serveru – VMware Server 2.0. Mezi
jeho nové klíčové vlastnosti patří:
- VI Web Access: VI Web Access enables you to perform host
and virtual machine configuration on VMware Server 2.0. This intuitive
web-based interface provides a simple and flexible tool for virtual machine
- VMware Remote Console: VMware Remote Console enables you to
interact with the guest operating system on the host or a remote system. After
you install it as a Web browser add-on, it can run independently from VI Web
- USB 2.0 Device Support: VMware Server now supports faster
data transfer with USB devices plugged into the host system. If the guest
operating system has appropriate USB 2.0 device drivers, you can use
peripherals that require high-speed performance, such as speakers, webcams,
next-generation printers and scanners, and fast storage devices.
- Increased RAM support: The maximum amount of memory that
can be allocated per virtual machine has been raised from 3.6GB to 8GB. The
amount of memory used by all virtual machines combined is limited only by the
amount of the host computer’s RAM.
- Improved 64-bit guest support: 64-bit guest operating
systems that run on Intel EM64T VT-capable or AMD64 revision D or later
processors are fully supported.
- Native 64-bit host support on Linux: VMware Server now runs
natively on 64-bit Linux host operating systems.
- Multi-tiered permissions: Configure different levels of
permissions to access virtual
machines in different ways, including browsing, interacting, configuring and
administering virtual machines.
- New hardware editors: Edit and add devices such as USB
2.0 devices and legacy devices
such as floppy drives, serial and parallel ports.
- Automatically start your virtual machines: Select which
virtual machines you want to
automatically start when the VMware Server application starts. In addition,
there is also the option to boot the virtual machine directly into the BIOS